Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Loathing Dish Network

Oh. My. Gawd. Dish Network is seriously just an immense pain in the ass. And I don't care how nice the service rep is, but when customer "service" basically revolves around them telling you (nicely, of course), that they're going to screw you over anyway, what's the point?

While we were remodeling, they refused to let me suspend my service because I had an 18-month service commitment, and you cannot put your account on "vacation mode" until you're done with whatever commitments you might have. So that meant that I had to pay for six months of service that I could not use. WTF?? Breaking my commitment would have cost me more, so I didn't exactly have much of a choice.

So now that I'm no longer within my 18-month commitment period, I should be able to do this "vacation mode" thing, right? Sure... But I still have to pay $24 a month. Again, WTF? What part of temporary suspension of service do they not understand? I don't care if I'm paying less, I shouldn't have to pay anything at all. $24 is almost half my normal bill!

I don't know if the other companies handle this any better, but I can tell you that this crap has me ready to switch as soon as I see a better deal. DirectTV, the sooner you come out with a your new TiVo unit, the happier I'll be.

No comments: