Went to a lighting seminar taught by Joe McNally last Friday, and I figured if I waited long enough, he'd blog about it and include some of the shots he got that day. Sure enough, he did.
The class was a blast, and I learned:
- a better way to approach thinking about lighting a subject.
- what the various light-describing adjectives mean. Many times I read about "soft" light or "creamy" light or whatever and have a hard time visualizing it. Seeing McNally slowly iterate through and improve the quality of the light with each shot gave me a better understanding of what they're talking about.
- he really does talk the way he blogs!
Now I just need to convince C to stay still long enough for me to practice on her... And maybe pickup a couple of those Lastolite trigrips that McNally was using to play with.
No comments:
Post a Comment